Two of my favorite blogging buddies – the always curious Knowledge Knut and the logically funny Adrian Charles Horan – nominated me for The Reality Blogger Award. Now some people pish posh these feel good warm fuzzies but not me, of course. I accept all praise and pats on the back with open arms (if you already didn’t notice). So thank you for thinking I’m a real deal…hell to tha yeah!
In order to properly ‘accept’ my award, I will answer the following questions that every blogger who achieves this accomplishment must do:
- If you could change one thing what would you change? Those who regularly read this blog won’t be surprised by the cray cray in my answer here (for those of you who are just stopping by for the first time today: Hello, I’m Captain and I have a problem. I let my world revolve around a pussy cat). The fact that I may outlast the little furball love of my life, Teddy B, is what I wish to change. I am not asking to perish at an early age but I would like for him to live forever (but not a moment past me, as he would miss me too much if I was gone. Duh).
- If you could repeat an age, what would it be? I wouldn’t repeat. Just keep on keepin’ on!
- What one thing really scares you? NOT DIVULGING. I know some of my readers are pranksters and would use it to their advantage!
- What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it? Well, I’ve run a marathon, which was more like a nightmare than a dream come true…I’ve wanted to sell out arena tours but managed to fill frat houses to the brink of fire code…so next on my list – I’d like to be the spokesperson for Captain Morgan, the Iowa State Fair and cats. I’d also like to stop pinching pennies, own a forever home in my current neighborhood and go to Europe with an open ended budget where calories don’t count. Now that I’ve listed six, maybe one is attainable. (Probably the cat spokesperson).
- If you could be someone else for one day, who would you be? My cat, obviously. But a person….I would be Steven Tyler, Kid Rock or Mick Jagger.
Here’s my list of Real Deals:
- Fresh Scratch – Monday Meal Madness that will tempt your taste buds, along with posts about real life.
- Non Fashionista – my real life pen pal, all around fashion lover and she reviews all kinds of items, keeping you in the know.
- Sugar and Spice Baking – passions for baking, health and chocolate. What’s not to love? And scrumptious recipes!
- Dressed in MY Closet – she likes fuchsia, feathers, Chanel and sparkles. This is a no-brainer!
- Impress When You Dress – I love admiring her sketches (as she does in place of homework – she rocks!).
The rules to follow if you choose to accept:
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them
- Answer the 5 questions presented
- Nominate 5 bloggers for the award and notify them on their blogs.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog somewhere
The list of questions to answer are the same as above:
If you could change one thing what would you change?
If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
What one thing really scares you?
What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
I’m going to go and have a Skinny Pirate in celebration.
Cheers – For Reals!
Congrats on your award!
How are you feeling? I somehow lost your email address and wanted to check in on you!
Up and down, still a very long way to go. Need to get headed in the right direction.
Teddy and I have been thinking of you!
[…] in blogging – Ms. Blondie from the ever-hysterical blog, Cowboys and Crossbones – has nominated me for the Reality Blogger Award, y’all! Oh, man. She has been keeping me laughing my buns off each morning for months, […]
Congrats! If I could find Wonder Woman UnderRoos in adult size I’d still be wearing them!
Girl – I’ll keep my eye out for you!
I loved all your pictures – very well done you!
Thanks! Sometimes it’s fun getting to post about random things!
Congratulations to you and Teddy!
Teddy insists on a collar of some kind, commemorating his honor. Diva!
Congratulations, well deserved 🙂
Congratulations! Hey–I’ve talked to Steven Tyler, right up close in a small-town drug store picking up a prescription. I think you’re way prettier than he is.
Wow – very cool!!! And thanks for the compliment – I am taking it!
Yeah, it was a brilliantly stimulating conversation. He: “Hi, how-are-ya?” I: “Good, and you?” He: “mumble-mumble” and the conversation faded out because the druggist called my name…. He has a family lake home on Lake Sunapee in NH, and people in the small towns near there are accustomed to running into him. We all act like it’s not a big deal when we meet him, like he’s just like any other neighbor, but then we all talk about it for years because, after all, he IS the rock star. He enjoys being recognized, which is probably why he became a rock star in the first place…
I would not be able to keep my cool. I would be like, “after you get your drugs, can I get my picture taken with you? What color are your nails painted? I love your jewelry. Do you need a backup singer?”
I think he likes it when people do that. But, at the same time, he seemed like such a normal guy just picking up his prescription, that I didn’t really realize until I was back out in my car the OMG that was HIM!
That’s so funny! I did that once when I literally ran into Faith Hill. Acted all cool because I couldn’t put my finger on it when we bumped into each other. Five minutes later…”Holy shit! That was Faith Hill!”
I think stars have that kind of hypnotic power–“you will not notice me until you are five minutes away from me…”
Concatulations and don’t worry about Teddy…we have 9 lives you know! Bisous Bailey
Bailey, thank you for the reminder!
PS: I want to hear more about this frat house gig, man.
Oh yeah, plenty of posts being crafted about my ‘road warrior’ days. Then sleep became important to me!!