Birthdays of yesteryear taught me some extremely important lessons that I adhere to even today, as I prepare to celebrate another year of fabulous fun.
1) Always take a peek in a mirror before a photo is snapped, forever capturing the loveliness of you on your special day or you may end up with something like this….
Seriously. Stare in the mirror and give a rat’s ass or you’ll be gazing at your lovely self in something as beautiful as a crocheted vest for years to come.
2) Upon receiving presents, always act like you’ve just received the best.gift.ever. Even if you have no clue what it is or have no intention of ever wearing/using/displaying/eating/drinking.
3) Insist upon holding fingers up to commemorate which age you were celebrating when photos end up in albums.
Even if you’re not quite sure how old you are, own whatever you are saying which will demand more attention on you.
4) Cake matters. Choose your design wisely.
Then insist someone hand feed it to you.
5) Practice your ‘birthday face’ so you can look adorable in all photos.
6) Be sure to have a themed party. Even if it involves you looking like an ass clown.
7) Dance, jump and twirl to your heart’s content, acting as if you have one ounce of rhythm somewhere in your being.
8) Noisy favors are a must. Especially if party goers are under the age of six.
9) Always go with the celebratory flow.
Or at least let someone catch you when the flow gets to be too much for you to stand on your own.
10) Don’t ever turn away a birthday kiss, no matter how much you think it may hurt your face.
11) Even if you share the same birthday with a cousin (gentleman to my left in photo below with thrilled look on his face) be sure you try to be the star of the show anyhow.
12) Never, ever, ever, ever turn down a birthday shot. Ever.
Cheers to your birthdays of yesteryear – as well as a year full of the happiest of birthdays for all of us and those we hold dear!
This evening, I’ll be drinking to the wise words my Gma has told me every year, “having another birthday sure beats the alternative.”
Happy Birthday Megan!!! You are the Mistress of All Birthday Bliss! I hope you had a great day.
That was birthday 25, right?
You know it!
Thanks friend! The Mistress of All Birthday Bliss had a wonderful day surrounded by family and friends. Lucky me!
🙂 Very wise words of your Gma, and I enjoyed all the lovely birthday pictures of you, have a great weekend !!
Gma is a lady who speaks the truth! I am still in a little recovery from a very fun weekend.
Hahaha………..You’re so fun !! 🙂
These pictures are so great!!!!! I hope you had a nice time on your bday! A gift from Portugal is coming your way!! Hugs**
Thank you my beautiful friend! My birthday was fabulous in every way possible.
[…] A Transcript of Teddy’s prepared remarks from his press conference today is provided. […]
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays! I’m with your Gma for sure. 😀
Yes, Gma is one wise lady. My birthday was one of the best I’ve had in a while – and the party hasn’t quite stopped yet…which makes me happy! 🙂
I agree with Gma – and you may have to grow up, but you don’t have to grow old!! Happy Birthday!
Good thought Tracy! Thank you!
It sure does beat the alternative! My Pinot Grigio and I thought of you last night! Also…I had that same vest. Thank you, 1990’s.
Of course you had the same vest! Thanks to you and your Pinot Grigio for the thoughts – feel free to think of me anytime you drink wine!