You know I love you (well, maybe I just like you but after a couple cocktails, it could possibly turn into love).
I received a warm shout out from the fabulous blogger, not quite carrie who is a self-dubbed faux-ionista on the brink of turning 30. She has all kinds of beauty tips (especially fun ones like how eyeliner appears the morning after you applied it – without looking like a drag queen), she survived hurricane Sandy and provides honest reviews of products.
Another blogging bestie passing the love around is Ally from DRESSED IN MY CLOSET – who shares my love of sparkles, fuchsia, feathers, Chanel – to name just a few. She has posts ranging from recipes to fashion and my favorites are her Sunday Obsession posts.
Thank you ladies!
The ‘rules’ of this lovalicious award are to share seven random things about myself. So sit back, relax, pour yourself a Skinny Pirate, and enjoy reading all about my randomness and my suggestion of seven other very lovely blogs.
1. Whenever I do something really obnoxious (like putting my sister’s fake veil on at her bachelorette party), have a blonde moment and say something really out there or simply just make an all ’round ass of myself, my sister says, “You’re so pretty.”
2. I like to hide Easter grass all over my parent’s house because my dad can’t stand it (therefore, why did he ever complain about it?). Once the bunny has visited, I stash some in his shoes, chair, under his bed pillow…
3. I have a knack for photo bombing.
4. The Iowa State Fair (happens 10 days every August and yes, you can hire me as a tour guide) is one of my favorite destinations in the world. In the picture below, I’m enjoying an adult beverage after a very long day of eating my way through the fair with my newly acquired cowboy hat (that lights up). If you’re not sure what to wear to any fair, please check out my tips here.
5. I LOVE surprising people (although sometimes I worry I am going to give them a heart attack). I traveled from Nashville, TN to Winterset, IA (which is where the movie The Bridges of Madison County was filmed and the birth place of John Wayne for you trivia buffs out there) for my Gma’s birthday. I know she was surprised because she was still in her house coat and didn’t have any lipstick on.
6. I’ve never met a party I didn’t like to throw (nor any sequins I didn’t like to wear).
7. I loved Sex and the City (which is how I came across not quite carrie). One of my best mates, Miss America and I got dolled up for the movie premiere (and acted like we were going to walk the red carpet in NYC while sneaking cocktails into the movie, of course).
And now that you know about a few of my quirkiness traits, here are just a few of the lovelies that I think kick some lovely ass –
sweenee style blog – this blogger’s motto is “Never take a day off from being stylish,” and I want to raid her closet because she always looks beyond fab.
style salvation – D-Anna is a master at pulling looks together and sharing tips on how to obtain. Style maven!
love your clothes love yourself – this blogger is on a journey to discover life through her closet. Check out her “Oops…I bought a…” topic. Great ideas!
work/play/polish – this woman is working on a ‘Mani Cave’ (so jeal), displays full polish collections and is one of my blogging besties.
enchanted seashells – married to a tug boat captain, all around hilarious gal AND a Chanel lover (she just got her first bag – lucky lady!).
i’ll sleep when they’re grown – this woman is a working mother, smart, funny and just lovely. I hope she puts this award on her Fake Trophy Shelf.
fashion for lunch – a woman living the fashion life in London – I love her “Today I’m Wearing…” posts and she’s all around fabulous!
Go check them out and spread the love! NOW.